Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Song of the Day, May 15th!!!

Ok, people. Big surprise today for our Song of the Day!!! Nope, its not Kpop. I'm pretty sure its not British either. It definitely isn't Russian. Somehow, its. . . . .(be ready to put yo surprise faces on!). . . . .SURPRISE!!! Did I scare you? Hehehe, see I was getting your hopes up then BAM. . .anyway. . .Today's Song of the Day is We are young by or sung by Janelle Monae. I love her voice, above everything. Its amazing, the sound of it. It reminds of Florence and The Machine (My favorite song of hers is Shake It Out). The reason I picked this song is because my AWESOME English teacher decided that since it was the last day we would have classes together, she'd put on some music of our choice. Of course, people chose this one at some point. Apparently, like British bands, this song just freakin' back-handed the whole country. I didn't like it much before because my friend WAY over-used it, but it took something from my wise old turtle dad to help me look past my dumb friend and really listen to the song. My dad says that it makes him feel young again, that it makes him remember when he could do ANYTHING. Have you guys figured out where I get my Wise Old Owl-ness from?. . .Yep, thats my Daddy! Anyway, after that I liked it a little more. Then I heard it again and I was like "YEAH LETS JAM OUT!!" because it actually sounds really good. Its got a nice beat, but this time that wasn't what made it awesome to me. Believe me, the beat is good, but the way her voice weaves into it makes the song perfect. That is what made me wanna get up and DANCE!! I've been singing parts of the song that I know all day today. My baby brothers have enjoyed the little concert. . . .A funny thing happened though, today at school. I'm in the classes with all the crazy smart, artistic, little bit messed up weird kids at school (OBVIOUSLY), so it only makes sense that when the song comes on, EVERYONE in my class sings along to it. And I mean EVERYONE. I looked around and there were only 2 people (including me) who weren't singing along. . .Yeah, we have a lot of fun in our classes. Okay, to look it up, type: Janelle Monae we are young. Click the first vid that has the lyrics on it, should be white words with a black background. Enjoy the song!! I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE THAT YOU GET UP AND DANCE!!! Sarang Hae to everyone and Good Night, depending on your clock!!

3 comments:

  1. Madi, I love you but I'm not going to read all of this! Sorry! Remember that girl in IB class. She was stupid. I dont like her. I LOVE YOU MADI!!! IM GONNA MISS YOU! PLZ DONT LEAVE MEH!!!
    --Denise Sunta the Awesome Girl You Used To Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. TONIGHT.
    WE ARE YOUNG.
    SO LETS SET THE WORLD ON FIRE.
    WE CAN BURN BRIGHTER
    THAN THE SUN. ~<3

    I lurves you Madi! I wish you didn't have to leave so soon! Well, we love you and I know I'll remember you! Love you! ~Grace~

    PS: Remember that song! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, FUN sings it! Can't wait for party girl!

    ReplyDelete